Friday, August 22, 2008

Owen's First Day at Happy Valley & Our 10th Anniverasry


Owen at Happy Valley


Getting ready to go inside, he was so excited!



Parker helping him find his name, Parker went to Happy Valley too and was a peanut!


Owen's first art project. It was the kissing hand!




Owen and his best friend Ellah. Those two are too cute together!


Owen started Happy Valley on Wednesday. He had so much fun. He was happy to see old and new friends in his class. It seems like such a nice group of children. He is enjoying his three teachers and they seem to have a connection with him. They are fully aware of his fear of "farm" animals. Today Miss Wanda told me Owen went down to the barn to feed Oscar the sheep. That is a HUGE improvement. He actually walked past the area where the horses are too. Most of you probably don't know this but last year on field day at Parker's school he saw horses. Parker's school is nearby to many trails that can be accessed by horses. They had set up hurdles as an event in the field far west of the school. Owen was taking a turn running INTO the hurdles when he saw horses. He screamed so loud and started crying and running. It was very scary for him, personally I was giggling. This little boy would probable jump off the roof, but won't come within 10 yards of a horse. So today when he walked by the enclosure I was very proud. They took the time to help him slowly overcome his fear. We will see if he will ride the ponies next.... I wonder....



My flowers! James got off early and tired to go to 4 different stores looking for red roses. This was the closest he could find! They are so pretty.

On another note, it was James' and my 10 year anniversary. I was greeted with flowers and chocolates. What a great husband I have! I wanted to go to Vegas, but with the kids in school this early it didn't work out as I had planned. We had Tracy watch the kids for the night and we had a blast. We usually do kids night out at the YMCA once a month, but this was so much better. We weren't looking at our watch all night to make sure we were back by exactly 10. I could relax,( the last time I left them with Katie I think I called 3 times to make sure all was okay). I trusted that they were in good hands. James and I went out to dinner. I had a few to many Maragritas. The last time that happened, since I don't usually drink, was at Val and Gabe's wedding. That was a night to remember too! We then went to Dave and Buster's. That place is so much fun! We had a great time reconnecting and having fun. I don't think we talked about the kids too much! It was fun singing in the car on the way home! I was driving James crazy I'm sure. I talk a lot to begin with... and over analyze things.... and say too much when just a thank you or a quick word will do.... and talk too much... did I say that already??? I am sure that I drove Tracy crazy when we got back. Oh well.... it is what it is... Tracy reminds me so much of my good friend Kalina. If anything I hope she will just grow to accept my idiosyncrasies as most of my friends have.

I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again. Soon! Hopefully we can have a girls weekend.....??? Denise it sounded like so much fun! Let's make time! I would love to see April again too!

Let's hope it doesn't rain this weekend! Have a good one!

No comments: